Hey Blugolds! With this warm spring weather upon us it’s a great time for refresher course on biking on campus!
Here are some Rules and Regulations for bikes on campus:
- Bicycles may only park in designated areas located around campus. To prevent theft, please lock your bicycle.
- Permits are not required.
- Parking in non-designated areas (railings, sign posts, buildings, trees, etc.) will result in a $5 ticket and a Parking Office lock on the bicycle.
- Bicycles left locked for seven days will be impounded.
Locks will only be released by Parking personnel (SSS 106) during regular office hours of 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p. m. Monday thru Friday.
Announce when passing
- Use a bell, horn or voice to indicate your intention to pass
- Warn other well in advance so you do not startle them
Yield when entering and crossing
- Yield to traffic at places where the trail crosses the road
- Yield to other users at intersections
- Stay as close to the right as possible, except when passing
Pass on Left
- Pull out only when you are sure the lane is clear
- Allow plenty of room, about two bike lengths, before moving back to the right
- Travel in a straight line unless you are avoiding hazards or passing
- Indicate your intention to turn or pass
Did you know…
In 2013, UW-Eau Claire was recognized with a bronze award through the League of American Bicyclists’ Bicycle Friendly University program.Through this program, UW-Eau Claire is dedicated to building upon our biking infrastructure and improving our standing as a bicycle friendly university. To find out more aboutAmerican Bicyclists’ Bicycle Friendly University program, go to their program page at: http://www.bikeleague.org/content/bicycle-friendly-america
Here are some of the benefits to having a BICYCLE FRIENDLY CAMPUS:
- Improve campus connectivity
- Reduce carbon footprint and congestion
- Lower health care and parking costs
- Happier and healthier students and staff
- Enhance campus quality of life
Wisconsin is ranked #9 as being a bicycle friendly state! Minnesota is ranked #2!
Keep pedaling your way through the rest of the semester!
Stay Safe Blugolds!